- Geochemistry of radionuclides
- Speciation of transuranic elements
- Radioactive wastes disposal
- Use of multivariative statistics and neural networks in environmental sciences and geochimistry
- 2018 – PhD (Geochemistry). «Speciation of technogenic radionuclides in water bodies of Semipalatinsk Test Site»
- 2015-2018 yy. Postgraduate study in Tomsk Polytechnic University
- 2014 – master degree of environmental sciences (Shakarim University, Kazakhstan).
- DAAD International Scholarship, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany, 2021
- Scholarship “Mikhail Lomonosov” 2017, 2020
- Diploma of the 2nd degree for the best presentation of the International Conference “Chemistry and Chemical Technology in the XXI century”, Tomsk 2018.
- DAAD International Scholarship, University of Karlsruhe, Germany, 2017-2018
- Diploma of the Institute of Geophysical Research “The best research work in the field of geoecology”, 2017
- II Diploma of the XX International Symposium “Problems of Geology and Subsoil Development”, 2016
- International Scholarship of the Nuclear Specialist Exchange Program of the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture of Japan, Tohoku University, 2014
- IAEA International Fellowship, University of Southampton, UK, 2015
- II-degree diploma of the of the XII conference-competition of R&D of young scientists of the National Nuclear Center of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 2013
- Scholarship of the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan (2010, 2011, 2012)
- International Ecological Conference of Students and Young Scientists, Novosibirsk (1st degree diploma), 2011
- International Ecological Conference of Students and Young Scientists, Novosibirsk State University (I degree diploma, best presentation award), 2010
- Diploma of II degree for the best research work of the international scientific conference “Lomonosov-2009” of the Kazakhstan branch of Moscow State University. Lomonosov, 2009.
- S. Toropov, G.M. Yessilkanov. Advanced Instruments for Identifying Geochemical Dependences of Radionuclide Migration in Natural Waters // Geochemistry International, 2022, DOI: 10.1134/S0016702922010116
- E.A. Soldatova, A.S. Toropov, E.S. Sidkina, A.A. Konyshev, I.S. Ivanova. Chemical composition of the small watercourses of the Kugda massif and its margin (Eastern Siberia) // Bulletin of the Tomsk Polytechnic University, Geo Assets Engineering, 2022
- A.A. Konyshev, E.S. Sidkina, E.A. Soldatova, E.V. Cherkasova, I.A. Bugaev, A.S. Toropov, D.N. Dogadkin, I.N. Gromyak, I.Yu. Nikolaeva. Chemical composition and metal speciation in water near the mine “Lupikko-I” (Pitkyaranta mining district, Karelia) (in Russian).
- S. Toropov. Migration Forms of Anthropogenic Radionuclides in Tunnel Waters at the Degelen Mountains, Semipalatinsk Test Site // Geochemistry International, 2020, DOI: 10.1134/S0016702920020123
- S. Toropov. Fractionation of technogenic radionuclides species in water bodies of Semipalatinsk Test Site //Bulletin of the Tomsk Polytechnic University, Geo Assets Engineering, 2018, DOI
- A.S. Toropov, A.R. Satayeva, S. Mikhalovsky, A.B. Cundy. The use of composite ferrocyanide materials for treatment of high salinity liquid radioactive wastes rich in cesium isotopes // Radiochimica Acta, 2014, DOI: 10.1515/ract-2013-2212